Tuesday, May 4, 2010

ehhhh....

Although it is a possibility that we do live in the matrix, that doesn’t rule out the face that we may also may not live it, because after all it’s only a possibility. I do not believe we are living in the matrix because for one, it hasn’t been proven to me and because some of the ideas seem a little farfetched.
I believe reality only extends as far as the limitations of my mind allows it to. With that being said many theories would have to be proven to me before I can believe it. I say many because there are still exceptions such as God and time. I believe the theory of a time exist only because I’ve been that it does. Since we can travel back and forth through time but only for an hour and only during daylight savings, who is to say it has to stop there? Since no one can be told what the matrix is and it hasn’t been shown to me I will have to remain a non-believer until I get that phone call. Being that anything is possible however not everything is probable some of the ideas from the movie see farfetched. Machines that have evolved to the point where they are not controlled by humans, or pills that alter your reality or change your destiny extend the reaches of my mind, therefore I can’t believe it. I’m sure at one point cell phones or flashlights seemed farfetched or out of reach for one’s mind, until they were proven to be real. Well that’s the moment I’m waiting for, when the farfetched is ordinary and theory is reality.
If all I know about reality is what has been shown and proven, is it considered belief, ignorance or skepticism? I think its belief but maybe because that’s all I know. So until I know that the matrix exist and has been shown and proven to me like it was to Neo and anyone else who was freed I will remain an ignorant skeptic.

1 comment:

  1. 1 What has the author done well? What stands out to the reader? :
    It is a very well read paper.
    2 Is the draft complete? What needs to be done today to get it up to speed by the end of class? :
    He say’s still in progress, but I think he said more than enough.
    3 Does the draft conform to the assignment? Why or why not? :
    Yes, the question was do we agree with Nixion, are we in the matrix?
    4 Has the author stated a clear CLAIM (Opinion)? What is it? : it's rather indecisive.

    5 Does the author have REASONS to support their claim? : yes, starting in the 2nd paragraph

    6 Does the author use direct quotations and summaries as EVIDENCE for the CLAIM? : No
    7 Is the language clear? What problems do you see?:
    There are no problems

    ReplyDelete