Wednesday, June 9, 2010

With this being my second class cluster I had a vague idea as to what I was getting myself into. I knew I was going to be in different classes with the same people all semester, whether I liked those people or not. Starting this semester I was kind of surprised by all the work that we did online (yeah yeah I know it’s a media cluster) because I didn’t have a computer at the time. I actually thought I liked movies before I took the film class, until I realized that I don’t like anything as much as Rhuben likes movies. I never bought the book for the American film class and I think that was a good decision because we have yet to use it. Overall in her class I learned there is a lot more to movies than just the story, not that I really care for much more than the story but now I’m just more aware of everything else. My English 101/103 classes were challenging for the most part. We watched 3 good movies and eXistenZ, which all had to do with the perception of reality and we did a lot of blogging. We also went on a few field trips which helped me get to know my classmates a little better. Before this class I’ve never read Plato’s allegory of the cave so I had no idea most of the movies we watched in this class were loosely based on that story. The blog assignments were fairly easy and I really wish I was a lot more focused to where I could have given them my all. Louie’s class had the privilege of being held at the worst possible time, Monday morning, and it was my only class that day so he’s lucky he kept it entertaining. We also never used the book in that class and I actually bought that one. But overall the cluster was a good learning experience and I got the opportunity to meet new people, so how can I complain about any of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment